Monday, October 16, 2017

Caribbean Sea Chalky Painted Pieces


Being at the beach in South Carolina  I see many people coming down to retire from up North. They have very traditional furniture, usually dark and wood and many of these pieces are absolutely lovely pieces of furniture but they no longer define their owner. That where I come in.

I've been painting furniture for over 26 years. In the last several years I've been painting with Chalk Country Paint brand which I sell down at my studio and also, where I give chalky paint and distressed paint classes.



 These are a few pieces I painted for a couple that moved down to Myrtle beach from up North. The wife was reluctant to have the pieces painted but the husband was ready to lighten up the house. It's usually the men who don't want to paint the wood. 
Women usually need to change the look and come hunting for some chalky paint but I find the men love and connect with the look of wood and it's very difficult for them to make such a dramatic change over to painted furniture. It's  a boy thing.


We decided on Caribbean Sea Chalky Country Paint . It's a soft blue with hints of slate . It's the color I call, "Myrtle Beach Blue", because so many people choose this as their color when they decide to move into the painted furniture arena down here. 
 Caribbean Sea is a great way to bring a pop of color into the home without the shock. 


This client wanted to change the knobs and hardware but I like the painted pulls and knobs that were original to the piece and convinced them to try the painted hardware. In the end, they could always still buy new hardware if they didn't like it.




My client picked up his pieces and admitted that the distressed painted hardware looked great with the piece. Everyone was happy that day. This furniture has a new life ahead and I helped to set it on it's way. That makes me happy. God I love furniture .


Thanks for popping in to see my latest project.

Michele 
Coastal Bohemian







As a form of online networking, I participate in link parties daily. It's actually thrilling for me to learn about all these different bloggers and often times I am inspired by them in my own life and business. It's been a gift for me to participate. 
Here 's a link to where I party all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10