Friday, August 28, 2015

Coastal Slaw



With Labor Day here this weekend , I thought I'd share my favorite recipe for Slaw. I call it Coastal Slaw ....of course. 

This recipe originated because I had purchased a bottle of Coconut White Balsamic Vinegar at an olive oil specialty store and was trying to find a way to create new recipes with this new flavor. 

It has since become one of my favorite vinegar. I use it often  with organic flake coconut to flavor many things, including salads.

Coastal Slaw 
1/2 head of cabbage shredded
5 carrots shredded
4 scallions chopped 
1 cup mayo
1 tbl coconut white balsamic vinegar (I bought mine at the Crushed Olive in Babylon Village)
1/4 Cup unsweetened shredded coconut +a pinch for the garnish
Toss all the veggies with the cup of mayo, add vinegar, toss, add coconut , toss, a pinch of sea salt and pepper. Refrigerate until cool.
To serve toss , plate and garnish with the shredded coconut .
Serve inside fish tacos, along with Pulld Pork or BBQ. Certainly with coconut shrimp.


Enjoy .


Happy Labor Day weekend. Enjoy the beautiful weather.
Michele Michael 



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10