Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Driftwood Embellished Night Stand Beach Shabby

Driftwood again. And why not? 


Found this lonely, old girl cast to the side of the road while doing errands one day.
Painted her white with some chalk paint to freshen her up and get my brain chugging away at some inspiration.
Next, I dry brushed her with some grey and then some copper. 
Dry brush is simply a paint brush dipped into paint and then almost all that paint is removed from the brush. Remove almost all of the paint using newspaper or cloth or paper towels. Just run the brush back and forth until there is very little to no paint left on the brush.  Then gently brush the furniture and it will pick up the grain of the piece.
She sat around for a while until I took some driftwood and started to nail it around her. I used my pneumatic nailer. Suddenly, she was  like a little princess, or Cinderella coming into her own. Hahaha...I crack myself up. I'm ridiculously attached to my projects and my driftwood.


Digging around in my hardware draw I found her a little bling and attached this vintage crystal knob.
She was really becoming beach shabby. 
I finished her off with a vintage pink lamp and lace. 










Creating beach shabby  is a challenge but I think this is Very Coastal, Very Bohemian,Very Beachy, and  Very Shabby.

Hope you bring some more driftwood into your home. Please feel free to share your driftwood creations. I'd love to see them and share them.

Michele Michael 
Coastal Bohemian 
coastalbohemian@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10