Monday, November 17, 2014

Beware of the Giant Octopus

With a new round blank canvas table sitting around dying for attention, I was working out the  next nautical themed project. I spend a lot of time scouring the pages of printables at www.graphicsfairy.com and decided I was intrigued by this vintage Octopus.




He would be cool with his tentacles hanging over the sides in a death grip eating the table. YES

I printed him out in 4 pages on waterslide/decal paper in reverse. When I installed him I destroyed the first half of him and was left with half an Octopus. Wah.

 Now, half an Octopus lie around waiting to become something.

I went and translated the warning "Beware of the Giant Octopus" in Italian and then it was game on.

Guardatevi Il Polpo Gigante


.....and I downloaded a lacey tattoo style font on Dafont.com  named "  Ginga.
This was all decoupaged onto the surface and then  top coated with the same matte finish  mod podge .

Here is the new focal piece at the beach house.




Have fun and Guardatevi Il Polpo Gigante.

Michele 
Very Coastal. Very Bohemian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10