Wednesday, October 29, 2014

I want a Trident

and I deserve one

   Just before Halloween I decided that my boyfriend and I needed a cool couples costume. Of course, it should be related in some way to the beach or fishing or the coast or living like a coastal bohemian. (We were sushi rolls one year with life size chopsticks. We should have won that costume contest.)
I get to thinking that I would love to be a mermaid with long flowing hair and that he should be Neptune with his long beard and mighty trident. We changed our mind about the direction of the costumes. The trident however, is at this point, something I had been thinking about creating for him to be a very special part of the costume.
 A few days later I was going through books that had been packed away since Hurricane Sandy and came across this book from when my daughter was young, "Notes to the Fairy" by Emma L Nilden and Lisa Finneran Nilden.
That's when I came across this darling illustration with these empowering words. "I'd like a trident"
I knew I had to share this with everyone. I mean, it changes the world for me. Why can't a woman have a trident? I have long associated this with male figures, Neptune and Poseidon with their powerful tool/weapon of the sea. To think ...with dreamy eyes looking toward the heavens, that I   could    have    a   trident..... is perfect. Especially for this Coastal Bohemian.
Upon further investigation *I can see why it is necessary for me to have a trident. It has long been a symbol of the ocean. My muse.
I bring to you.... the images** that I found to  inspire the trident, the power,  in me. Tattoo? 

**Totally bad ass.
Totally perfect.
Totally needs accessories.


As the tide rolls out, I believe there is a trident in  my future , albeit not as masculine as Neptune's. I see hanging pearls and a seahell encrusted staff with some serious bling baby and a powerful chic behind it.

Michele Michael
*"The trident has long served as a symbol for the ocean, and for the oceanic gods. This comes from its initial use as a fishing tool. The trident is far superior to a spear for fishing. The three separate blades give the fisherman a much better chance of skewering a fish than a normal spear ever could. The trident has kept its water association even though centuries have passed since it was used in this manner." According to Sara on Yahoo Answers https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071030190314AAYiXd8
** Pics Found on http://cool.eyecatchingtattoos.com/trident-tattoo/

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10